Wednesday 8 August 2012

Prince Edward Island

Yay! We're finally out of that cursed province!

We cycled about 95 km from Moncton to the Confederation Bridge, and because bicycles are banned from the bridge, we had to shuttle over on a bus. We then made our way to Summerside, a town that comes highly recommended to us.

We immediately felt a different vibe in PEI. It just seems like a very independent, easy going place. I like it here.

We went to a nice restaurant for dinner that sat right by the ocean in Summerside. I had a local beer called Island Red Ale but it was only good, not great. It almost tasted too watery or something.

We had local PEI mussles as our appetizer. While they look absolutely disgusting, they're actually pretty freaking good when dipped in butter. It was a first for me and I was pleasantly surprised.

We are now at another bed and breakfast that was pretty hard to find. Google maps really screwed up this time. The owners were skeptical when we told them we were cycling across the country.

Tomorrow I hope to kayak, and the next day I really hope to be able to play a round of golf. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment